Last Day of Term
A welcome from the Headteacher
I can tell you so many things that I think are wonderful about our school, but would encourage you to make a visit and see for yourself! I hope if you are a new parent and considering sending your child to our school, this website will give you an insight into our work and values. For our existing parents, I do hope this website will prove a useful way in keeping you up-to-date with what is happening in school and will provide information and advice, continually strengthening our very important Home/School Partnership.
Espresso Home Access
We are pleased to say that you can now access Espresso at home. click on the link above and enter you username and password when requested.
If you are interested in using this program, please send £1 in an envelope clearly labeled with Espresso Home Access, your child's name, and class number. Once this is recieved you will be given a username and password.
Please understand that this is by subscription only.
Our report is in!
We are very pleased with the report and hope you are too. Click the Ofsted icon above to view our latest report or you can download it here.
Parents can let Ofsted know their views about our school by going to the following web address http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/
The LGFL have an OpenCheck service which provides a convenient means for parents or pupils to check by web or telephone whether a school is open/closed/or any status of notification.
In the event of school closing we will continue to update our website but you may also check using this service as well. You my check by clicking the link above or calling 02084087508 and entering the schools DCSF code (3112042).
To educate children to become independent, lifelong learners and contributing citizens in a rapidly changing, challenging, multi-cultural world.
We aim to create a happy and welcoming learning environment for children, parents, staff and the community; a place where everybody, working in partnership, strives to do their best and contributes to improvement.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
FOR THE CHILDREN
It is our aim at Crownfield Infant School
- To provide the best education and personal development for each child within a framework of care, respect and discipline;
- To offer high quality learning opportunities, which scaffolds their early steps and challenges them to achieve beyond their expectations;
- To make learning an active, enjoyable process, relevant to the child’s needs and abilities, encouraging children to develop a joy in learning and encourage self-motivation;
- To provide opportunities which promote confidence and challenge, developing the whole child’s social, emotional, intellectual and physical development;
- To provide a safe, stimulating and responsive environment, which actively encourages children to take responsibility for their own learning and ensuring opportunities for all;
FOR THE STAFF
- To create the ethos whereby all staff know they are valued and can work as a team, with the support and consideration of colleagues.
- To provide staff with a comprehensive programme of self-development and training that reflects their importance to the school as a whole.
FOR THE COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL AS A WHOLE
- To develop the school as a centre of excellence for education and training and as a focal point for the community.
- To work in partnership with parents, Governors and the local community, including our pre-school, adjacent Junior School, local playgroups, church, police, health and neighbourhood business enterprise, actively fostering positive relationships;
- To improve and maintain the school building and grounds in a way that is conducive to daily use and sympathetic to the environment.